Rob Fagnan is a commercial real estate broker and a principal of Bender Commercial. He has earned a reputation as one of the region’s top listing brokers for land and industrial properties.
Heralding from the Minneapolis, Minnesota area, Rob graduated from Southwest Minnesota State University with a bachelor of science in marketing with a minor in sociology. He leveraged his time in Marshall, Minnesota as a project manager at the Southwest Marketing Advisory Center (SMAC), a student-center marketing organization that develops research-driven strategies and marketing solutions to help regional businesses and organizations expand their customer base and improve their services.
After graduating, Rob signed with the professional arena football team, the Sioux Falls Storm, to play quarterback during the 2004 and 2005 seasons. He joined the Bender Commercial team in 2005.
Rob attained the designation of the leading commercial real estate association—the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors—an achievement only 1.5% of commercial brokers in the United States reach. Real estate professionals with the SIOR designation are recognized as the most experienced, knowledgeable, and capable real estate experts.
Fagnan became a principal of Bender Commercial in 2013 and he became an executive vice president and managing director in 2021.
- SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors)
- Presenter at BCRES’ annual Market Outlook as an industrial expert
- Licensed South Dakota and Minnesota Real Estate Broker
Southwest Minnesota State University, bachelor of science in marketing with a minor in sociology.
Rob has been married to his wife, Lindsay, since 2013 and they have two children, Asher and Breckyn. He is an active member of Celebrate Church where he frequently plays acoustic guitar; Rob also enjoys traveling, reading, golfing, downhill skiing, water skiing, hockey, scuba diving, and coaching for the Sioux Falls Youth Hockey Association.
- Sioux Falls Up & Coming
- Metal Craft Industries Board of Directors
- Sioux Falls Young Professionals Network
- Dakota Business Finance Board of Directors
- SIOR Minnesota Chapter Board of Directors
- SIOR Independent Brokerage Group (IBG) Committee
Some of Rob’s Notable Transactions Include:
- Cigna – 34,796 sq. ft. on 11.39 acres
- Sioux Falls Development Foundation – Multiple land sales up to 80 acres
- Parks Limited – 12,000 sq. ft. on 10.4 acres
- Fmr. Novartis/Elanco Property – 213,605 sq. ft.
- N 4th Flex Property – 12,240 sq. ft.
- Novozymes Building – 66,000 sq. ft.
- Turner Properties – 19,500 sq. ft.
- Lubben Properties Investment Portfolio – $3,732,667
- Dykhouse Mixed-Use Investment Portfolio – $9.3 million
- Rock Solid Construction – 4.11 acres
- Parks Limited – 58,540 sq. ft.
- Four Fat Guys, LLC – 5.53 acres
- Escrap Properties – 19,980 sq. ft.
- BNK Properties (Self-Storage) – $1 million
- Midco – 6.21 acres
- Schuler – 120 acres
- Titan Machinery – 12.11 acres
- AAA Insurance – Multiple locations across South Dakota
- GSA – Multiple locations across South Dakota
- SAb Biotherapeutics – 39,846 sq. ft.
- Armor Animal Health – 5,715 sq. ft.
- Midwest Medical Imaging – 3,600 sq. ft.
- Daikin Applied Americas – 3,600 sq. ft.
- Honeywell – 3.029 sq. ft.
- NuAge Builders – 6,000 sq. ft.
- Infrastructure Design Group – 3,881 sq. ft.
- UBS – 4,692 sq. ft.
- USPS – Multiple locations across South Dakot
- Scannell Properties – 337,138 sq. ft.
- Casco Properties – 1,800 sq. ft. to 38,698 sq. ft. in industrial & retail
- Pro Rentals – 1,800 sq. ft. contractor shops
- Idalou Care, LLC – 1,625 up to 3,250 sq. ft.
- CARE, a Texas GP – 1,625 up to 4,875 sq. ft.
- Elite Rentals – 2,000 up to 5,500 sq. ft.
- McFarland Property – 15,600 sq. ft.