Nick Gustafson is a commercial real estate broker and a principal of Bender Commercial. He is adept at achieving the highest possible sale price within his clients’ timelines. Nick has become on the region’s top listing agents for large commercial and investment properties.
Using the skills gained at his full-time, commission-based college job at Gateway Computers, Nick quickly became a leading tenant and buyer representative broker in the Sioux Falls market following graduation from Augustana University in 2004.
Gustafson joined Bender Commercial in 2009. As his career grew through aggressively selling and leasing commercial property, Nick attained the CCIM designation – Certified Commercial Investment Member – in 2014. Fewer than 10% of all commercial real estate brokers in the US reach this milestone.
Nick became a principal of Bender Commercial in 2013 and became executive vice president and managing director in 2021. He also serves as Bender Commercial’s Responsible Broker.
Gustafson has recently sold multiple large properties including a $6,250,000 call center, a $6,000,000 multi-family property, a $3,200,000 industrial distribution center, and co-brokered a $10,000,000+ multi-family portfolio with a national firm all in the same calendar year.
- CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member)
- Presenter at BCRES’ annual Market Outlook as an investment and multi–family expert, 2009-Present
- Licensed South Dakota, Minnesota, and Iowa Real Estate Broker
Augustana University, Bachelor of Arts in business administration
Nick is married to his wife, Shannon; they are proud parents of Declan and Reagan. Nick is passionate about his interests ranging from wine and reading to lifting weights and traveling.
Nick has also been involved in many Sioux Falls community activities and organizations. They include:
- Adjunct Professor, Real Estate Pre-Licensing, Southeast Technical College
- Board of Directors, Volunteers of America-Dakota
- Volunteer, Junior Achievement of South Dakota
- Advisory Board, South Eastern Development Foundation
- Board of Directors, South Dakota Business Finance
- State Board Member, Junior Achievement
Some of Nick’s Notable Transactions Include:
- Rapid City Call Center – $7,250,000
- 1400 Turbine Call Center – $6,250,000
- Jackson Heights Apartments and Townhomes – $6,000,000
- Cox Multi-Family Portfolio – $5,812,500
- East Pointe Apartments – $4,400,000
- Producer Lane Distribution Center – $4,250,000
- Westside Plaza – $3,600,000
- JN Properties Warehouses – $3,500,000
- Murray Street Distribution Center – $3,200,000
- Park Place Office Building – $2,600,000
- Golden Valley – $2,300,000
- Village Square Apartments – $2,200,000
- Beach Pay Building – $1,975,000
- Willow Creek Apartments – $1,800,000
- Applewood Apartments – $1,464,000
- Southtown Apartments – $1,400,000
- 3701 South Western Avenue – $1,300,000
- Southern Hills Apartments – $1,200,000
- 1111 South Cliff Avenue Warehouse – $1,170,000
- 2900 Office Building – $860,000
- Capital One Call Center Renewal – 158,000 sq. ft.
- Brookings Seed Lab Build to Suit – 67,892 sq. ft.
- Rapid City Call Center – 45,000 sq. ft.
- Beacon Roofing – 30,000 sq. ft.
- Regional Health Rapid City Building – 15,000 sq. ft.
- Land Title Guaranty – 7,668 sq. ft.
- Holmes Murphy – 10,000 sq. ft.
- Volunteers of America – 7,793 sq. ft.
- Hudson America Building, Rapid City – 75,000 sq. ft.
- JN Properties – 45,000 sq. ft.
- Risk Administration Services Building – 13,000 sq. ft.
- JN Properties on 50th Street North – 9,775 sq. ft.
- Denssen Plaza – 8,326 sq. ft.
- Ensz Property – 5,916 sq. ft.
- MacRandall Office Building – 3,500 sq. ft.
- Park Ridge Office Building – 2,014 sq. ft.
- San Tan Valley Shops – $4,750,000
- Avera Professional Plaza – $2,550,000
- Dollar Tree – $2,175,000
- 5120 South Solberg Avenue – $1,825,000
- Dakota Beverage Land – $1,400,000
- Carnegie Office Building – $1,200,000
- Dell Rapids Family Dollar – $1,100,000
- Kiwanis Circle Office Building – $825,000
- Tickman Warehouse – $720,000
- 4005 East 10th Street – $633,500