Gerald Teunissen was born and raised near Armour, SD, and graduated from Corsica High School in 1968. Gerald served in the United States Army as a dental laboratory technician in Germany before being honorably discharged in 1971.
Gerald began his career in the electrical business in which he owned and operated American Electric for over 24 years before selling the company in 2003.
Gerald had an intricate role in former Governor Janklow’s administration in the “Wiring of the Schools” project and the Governor’s Senior Housing Program. Gerald also assisted Governor Janklow after the Spencer tornado damage and starting a Governor’s golf event at Dakota Dunes. He also assisted Governors Janklow and Rounds in fundraising for the WWII and Vietnam War memorial.
Gerald’s personal interests have included golf, flying hot air balloons, quartet singing, and lay preaching. He remains a member of the American Legion Post #274, Kiwanis East and the Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce. Gerald has served on the board for the Chamber as well as Bethany Christian Services. Gerald and his wife, Deb, have been married for 50 and have two children and six grandchildren.
- Member of the American Legion Post 274
- Member of Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce
- Past Board Member of Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce
- Past Board Member Bethany Christian Services
- Member of Community Reformed Church
- Board member of Arise/Ukraine Ministries
- Balance Systems Building – 50,000 sq. ft. (Purchased)
- Community Reformed Church (Purchased)
- ABC Supply Lease (Leased)
- Janklow Law Firm Building (Purchased)
- Amcycle Building (Sold)
- Sara Lee Building, Watertown (Sold)
- Northland Computer Systems (Leased)
- Bultsma Trucking Company (Sold)
- Body Works by Dose (Leased)
- Sundstrom Land, Beresford (Sold)
- DEH Investments LLC (Consulting)
- Beek Farms (Land Lease)
- JW Horner Lumber Company (Sold)
- 800 acres- (Auctioned) Brenner Land Auction, Redfield
- 640 acres- Stevens County MN land (Sold)
- 170 acres at 69th & Sundowner (Sold)