Alex Soundy is a commercial real estate broker with Bender Commercial. He specializes in representing both buyers and sellers of investment property, office property and land. Additionally, Alex represents landlords and tenants in the leasing of office, retail, and industrial asset classes.
After graduating from Sioux Falls Christian in 2009, Alex Soundy spent two summers in Alaska as a commercial salmon fisherman before attending and graduating from Dordt University in 2013 where he also played on the men’s lacrosse team.
While in college, Soundy gained investing experience as a financial representative with Northwestern Mutual. Upon graduation, Alex became a logistics broker at Fortune 500 transport and logistics company, C.H. Robinson. While at C.H. Robinson, Alex developed skills building deep client relationships and meeting his clients’ and company’s goals.
After acquiring and managing his own investment properties while at C.H. Robinson, Soundy looked to pivot his career into real estate. He joined Bender Commercial Real Estate Services in 2019.
Alex has shown a knack for understanding the intricacies of the commercial real estate business and has closed over $15,000,000 in sales/lease transactions in the first 18 months of his career.
- BNI Professional Business Builders Chapter Member
- Licensed South Dakota Real Estate Broker
Dordt University, bachelor of arts in finance and marketing
Alex married his wife, Amber, in 2020. He is an avid lacrosse coach, player, and fan and has led the Sioux Falls Spark lacrosse team as their head coach since 2014. Alex enjoys golfing, watching the Nebraska Cornhuskers and Dallas Cowboys, managing his personal investment properties, and traveling with his wife.
- Sioux Falls Lacrosse Association Director of Coaches — 2020-Present
- Sioux Falls Lacrosse Association Board of Directors — 2019-Present
- Young Professionals Network — 2014-Present
- Sioux Falls Sparks Lacrosse Head Coach — 2014-Present
Some of Alex’s Notable Transactions Include:
- East Pointe Townhomes (48-units) – $4,400,000
- Tally Ho Apartments (78-units) – $3,276,000
- Rushmore Crossing (Massage Envy/Aspen Dental) – $2,550,000
- Deer Ridge Apartments (24-units) – $2,250,000
- Country View Estates (16-units) – $1,925,000
- Northwestern Apartments (42-units) – $1,875,000
- Marion Road Land (10.65 acres) – $1,508,312
- Golden Rule Construction Building – $1,410,000
- Terrace Heights Apartments (16-units) – $1,170,000
- Garden Village Office Building – $1,170,000
- Pierre Senior Living Center (40-units) – $930,000
- Palace View Apartments (15 units) – $685,000
- Little Tykes University – $525,000
- IMA Land (28,257 sq. ft.) – $332,000
- Whiffer’s Sandwiches – $110,000
- Timberline Apartments (30 units) – $2,300,000
- IMA Land (67,119 sq. Ft.) – $856,650
- Health Management Partners – $600,000
- North Minnesota Avenue Subway – $325,000
- Whiffer’s Sandwiches – $110,000
- McGough Construction – 4,003 sq. Ft.
- Taco John’s of Iowa – 2,914 sq. Ft.
- Little Tykes University – 2,616 sq. Ft.
- The Event Company – 2463 sq. Ft.
- Choices Recovery Services, Inc. – 2,052 sq. Ft.
- Schaffer Law – 1,982 sq. Ft.
- Home Warranty – 1,957 sq. Ft.
- Midwest Wellness Institute – 1,900 sq. Ft.
- Vision Roofing – 1,886 sq. Ft.
- Arena Staffing – 900 sq. Ft.
- Fine Line Design – 841 sq. Ft.
- Fit Revolution Nutrition – 809 sq. Ft.
- Montag Financials – 540 sq. Ft.
- EFS Group Wealth Management – 501 sq. Ft.
- Known Counseling Services – 418 sq. Ft.
- Neurotech, LLC – 322 sq. Ft.
- Maple Rock Development
- Empire Building Construction
- Independent Medical Arts
- Southway Center
- Shriver Square
- Garden Village Office Building
- Crossing Place Office Park
- Westport Avenue Flex Building
- Harmana Building
- Oxbow Village
- Heyl Truck Lines