Robert D. Fagnan was raised in a suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota. He graduated from Columbia Heights High School and then attended Southwest Minnesota State University (SMSU) in Marshall, MN, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Marketing and a minor is Sociology. While attending SMSU, Rob worked as a project manager at the Southwest Marketing Advisory Center (SMAC). SMAC is a student-center marketing organization that develops research-driven strategies and marketing solutions to help regional businesses and organizations expand their customer base and improve their services.
Following college, Rob played for the Sioux Falls Storm, a professional arena football team during the 2004 and 2005 seasons. In September 2005, Rob joined the Bender Commercial team.
In 2017, Rob received his SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors) designation and is currently in the process of obtaining his CCIM Certified Commercial and Investment Member) designation.
Rob married his beautiful bride, Lindsay in 2013 and are now proud parents of one son, Asher (born in 2014) and one daughter, Breckyn (born in 2017). Rob enjoys being an active member of Celebrate Church where he frequently plays acoustic guitar during Saturday or Sunday morning services. In his free time, Rob enjoys traveling, reading, golfing, downhill skiing, water skiing, hockey and scuba-diving/spear fishing.
Some of Rob’s notable transactions include the following:
- Prestige Concrete – 1,800 sq. ft.
- Peterson Property – 2,990 sq. ft.
- Lund Property – 12,000 sq. ft.
- Leaders Building – 3,750 sq. ft. & 13,400 sq. ft.
- T&R Building – 3,832 sq. ft.
- HT Building – 7,462 sq. ft.
- Twin City Fan – 46,109 sq. ft.
- Click Rain, Inc. – 2,200 sq. ft.
- GE Healthcare IT – 11,038 sq. ft.
- Dean’s Bulk Service – 6,000 sq. ft.
- ABC Supply Company – 47,649 sq. ft.
- Twin City Fan – 34,696 sq. ft.
- Larry’s Small Engine Repair – 3,800 sq. ft.
- CCL Label – 18,980 sq. ft.
- Law Motors – 32,094 sq. ft.
- Walter Ree Masonry Construction – 22,960 sq. ft.
- NW Concrete Cutting – 5,920 sq. ft.
- Sunkota Construction – 3.7 acres
- Architectural Roofing and Sheetmetal – 3.8 acres
- Carlson Distributing – 9.09 acres
- OTR Tire – 17 acres
- Novozymes Building – 66,000 sq. ft.
- Former Pallet’s Inc. Property – 4,992 sq. ft. on 1.1 acre
- 1101 West Spruce Street, Beresford, SD – 5,200 sq. ft.
- O’Day Equipment – 6,000 sq. ft.
- Prairie Coach Trailways – 3,152 sq. ft.
- Hanson Pipe & Product Land – 17.0 acres
- Grace Church Land – 37 acres
Rob has also been involved in many national, regional and local community activities and organizations. They include:
- Sioux Falls Up & Coming
- Metal Craft Industries Board of Directors
- Sioux Falls Young Professionals Network (YPN)
- Dakota Business Finance Board of Directors
- SIOR Minnesota Chapter Board of Directors
- SIOR Independent Brokerage Group (IBG) Committee